Monday, July 19, 2010

Das obligate willkommen

I now have a blog. Somewhere, an angel has lost his wings.

Instead of making "welcome to my blog!" my first post, I have decided to flip convention on its ear, which has gotta hurt. But first.

Sorry I haven't blogged for a while. I'll be back up to speed soon, I promise.

I know I've been lax at blogging. I'll return soon with all kinds of fascinating news.

Wow, has it been this long since I last blogged? Well, I'm back. Tomorrow.

There. Now the apologies nobody is asking for are taken care of for the next twelve months.

Willkommen to my fifth blog post. During my first sabbatical I established a personal web page. I'm now on my second sabbatical.

I can't say with any certainty what I will blog about, nor can I say I won't be self-indulgent (in the immortal words of Milton Babbitt, there's no one else I'd rather indulge). And why blog?

Because science has shown that life is one hundred percent fatal.